World Sight Day is a global event to build awareness around global blindness and visual impairment and to discussing new innovative ways we are fighting blindness in communities around the world.
What if you could change a person’s life for only $25?
There are 36 million people who are blind in this world. Another 217 million are visually impaired. That is over 253 million people in our world who are unnecessarily blind or visually impaired from causes that are treatable or preventable.
For pennies, a child can have their eyes examined and receive free glasses. For only $25, a 20-minute surgery can be performed and a person can see again. And for a few hundred dollars, a young woman can receive an education to become an ophthalmic technician, gaining financial stability and professional growth. Transforming their lives from one of hopelessness and despair to one of productivity and opportunity.
Combat Blindness International is dedicated to eliminating preventable blindness worldwide by providing sustainable, equitable solutions for sight through partnerships and innovation.
Our goal is to raise $100,000 toward supporting CBI’s International Cataract, International Pediatric Eye Care and Certified Ophthalmic Paramedic (COP) programs.
Thanks to two generous matching gifts from loyal donors, you can double the impact of your gift up to $100,000. Help us reach our goal today!
- Donations Raised: $13,135
- Donations Matched: $13,315
- Remaining Goal: $173,730
Thursday, October 10, 2019
5:30pm – 8:30pm
Monona Terrace Community
and Convention Center
1 John Nolen Dr.
Madison, WI 53703
An evening of international entertainment, a silent auction, food from around the world and a panel discussion about Combat Blindness International’s 35 years of service.
World Sight Day Speakers
Learn more about our programs and initiatives by hovering over the photos below:
- Your support will directly aid the fight against avoidable blindness. You can transform thousands of lives as we give the gift of sight to those who have been left in darkness.
- Your Support will directly aid the fight against avoidable blindness. You can transform thousands of lives as we give the gift of sight to those who have been left in darkness.
- The opportunity to connect and network with over 200 local business owners, doctors, lawyers, and other area leaders.
- Exposure for your organization through our social media channels, support from local news sources, and our network of supporters.