Welcome to Combat Blindness International’s World Sight Day Crowdfunding Campaign. Be a part of transforming a person’s life through the gift of sight.
What if you could change a person’s life for only $25?
There are 37 million people who are blind in this world. Another 217 million are visually impaired. That is over 250 million people in our world who are unnecessarily blind or visually impaired from causes that are treatable or preventable.
For pennies, a child can have their eyes examined and receive free glasses. For only $25, a 20-minute surgery can be performed and a person can see again. And for a few hundred dollars, a young woman can receive an education to become an ophthalmic technician, gaining financial stability and professional growth. Transforming their lives from one of hopelessness and despair to one of productivity and opportunity.
Our goal is to raise $50,000 toward supporting CBI’s Cataract, International Pediatric eye care and Certified Ophthalmic Personnel (COP) programs.
Thanks to a generous matching gift, you can double the impact of your gift up to $25,000. Help us reach our goal today!
TELL US WHY YOU GIVE
We want to hear why you support Combat Blindness International. Record a video on your phone or tablet and let us know why you give!
Some things to keep in mind…
– Please make all videos 15-30 seconds long
– Introduce yourself before you share why you give
– Make sure there is little to no background noise
– Try to film on a solid colored background
– All video files must be uploaded as MP4, MOV, MNV, AVI, or FLV file
– Try to keep your camera or phone as still as possible while filming.
Upload your video below and check back later to see your why I give submission up on our World Sight Day crowdfunding page.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
5:30pm – 8:30pm
The Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor’s Club
1 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI 53703
A cocktail reception, food from around the world, and a presentation from keynote speaker Prof. Jonathan Patz, MD, MPH
We look forward to seeing you there!
Keynote Speaker Professor Jonathan Patz, MD, MPH
Dr. Jonathan Patz will share how addressing the root cause of climate change – burning fossil fuels – actually presents widespread and substantial health benefits to societies across the globe. Dr. Patz’s presentation will show evidence for why a low-carbon, clean energy economy could represent the greatest health opportunity of this century.
Dr. Patz is the Director of the Global Health Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Patz co-chaired the health expert panel of the first Congressionally mandated US National Assessment on Climate Change and served as a lead author for the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Dr. Patz shares the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize with Al Gore for his work as a lead author for the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Your support will directly aid the fight against avoidable blindness. You can transform thousands of lives as we give the gift of sight to those who have been left in darkness.
- The opportunity to connect and network with over 200 local business owners, doctors, lawyers, and other area leaders.
- Exposure for your organization through our social media channels, support from local news sources, and our network of supporters.
Gialamas Company, Inc.
Fiore Companies, Inc.
DeWitt, Ross & Stevens S.C.
Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co.
Zander Insulation Inc.
A to Z RentAll, Inc.